Monday, April 6, 2020

Stargazers & Angel wings

Hi there, 

Today I want share another card using the Angel Wings dies again simply because i love the wings and I had another design in mind that I wanted to create. For this card, I left out the sentiment as I wanted to leave this card blank and let the flowers be the focus as some will know, White lilies symbolizes purity and youth but also has the meaning that the soul of the departed has received restored innocence.


TUTORIAL:
I have a bulk of mint green marble patterned paper in my stash which I purchased a while back. No idea why I ordered so much (it felt like a good idea at that time!) But it compliments well with the matte gold. 
 
I begin by die cutting and stacking 2 layers of the angel wings in matte Gold card stock and using the matching shadow die to die cut some vellum shadow for the underlay then foam mounted the wings on to the mint green base. I then add more foam tape underneath the mint green card base then matting it on to an ivory card before I mount it on to a card base with some strong liquid glue. 


I secure the Stargazer lilies last because knowing myself, I would find it difficult to mount the design evenly on to the folding card base once finished especially with a lot of dimensional parts sticking out. 

I die cut 3 sets of the spellbinders stargazer lily from some white card stock and added some shading with my distress ink cubes. For the petals I used Wild Honey just to create some colour and realism from the middle to end. The leaves I die cut out of the mint green card and shaded the top and ends and around the edges in Peeled Paint, the stamens I inked the tips in Gathered Twigs and the rest in Brushed Corduroy on both sides.


Once I got all the petals and leaves shaded in and assembled the flower (Following instructions on the packaging), I snipped off a little bit off from the back of each flower and adhere the lilies and leaves in position with my hot glue gun. After the lilies are stuck down I found it was a little sparse looking and needed some small flowers to fill in the gaps, so I found some white paper Mulberry roses and some loose gold stamens in my stash. It was an ideal choice as it filled the card, I then add some acrylic round gems to give it some water droplet look to complete the card.


 This card will need a box rather than an envelope, and regular postage is not ideal or recommended. 

I think sympathy cards are just as needed as Thank you cards during this time as we all need to send our thoughts to those who are grieving. Those who are quarantined and couldn’t be there for someone that’s losing the battle. I pray you find the consolidation and peace within yourself to have the courage to carry on. Stay healthy & Safe all. 

x Ali x 



Find me here:


Instagram


Facebook


Pinterest



Product Used:

(Links provides if applicable)

The little paper tree UK 

(For all your Crafting Needs) 

-Foam Tape

-Vellum


Acrylic Glue

Cosmic shimmer


Mulberry Roses

HobbyCraft UK 


Sizzix Thin lits  


Stargazer lilies

Spellbinders shapeabilities


Mini Distress Cube Inks

Peeled Paint

Wild Honey

Brushed Corduroy

Gathered Twigs


Matte Gold Cardstock


Card Stock

Papermill direct 

- ivory Hammered heavy card stock.



Disclaimer: products used for this project are not sponsored and are  my own purchases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment