Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Rose flurries for Mother’s Day

Hi there! 

Mother’s Day is getting near and so I want to start creating some cards for a few special women in my life. For today’s card, I have been doing a lot of die cutting to create a floral card with a soft pastel palette that I found on Pinterest as a guide. 


Starting off, I embossed some pearlised ivory card with an embossing folder  I then picked out 4 different coloured papers  using the blush colour pallet as a guide and die cut all the pieces from the Rose Flurries 3D dies from Altenew. 


I spent some time piecing all the elements together from darkest colours to light layers and mount only the buds and blooms on some foam squares. 


For the border, I used the 1st and 2nd largest rectangle die from the moonshine collection to die cut the frame. I then did some scoring on the edges of the frame as well as an additional scoreline to create some interest, and mounted the border on some foam tape.


Finishing off, I arrange the dark green stems directly on the embossed card stock and placed the buds and blooms to create a branch of roses. I add in the leaves after to where I think is needed to fill out the spaces, and with some tiny diamanté rhinestones from my stash, I placed them where the lines cross to create a soft ‘tufted’ cushion look. I picked out a Mother’s Day sentiment from a box of my pre-made sentiments thats ready to use, it’s an idea I picked up from May Park (Mayholic designs). I then matt the design on a mauve taupe coloured paper before mounting it on a plain ivory card base. 


I enjoyed the process of making this card and lately been making a few floral inspired cards. I came up with this design from the embossing folder that I had been searching for what seemed like forever! I love the tufted look it gave and I love how versatile it is! Thank you for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you today! 

x Ali x 


Find me here:


Instagram


Facebook



Products used: 

(Links where applicable)

 

studded leather embossing folder

Gemini


Rose Flurries 3D dies

Altenew


6 x 6 coloured papers 

Dovecrafts


Feeling sentimental clear stamps

Clearly Besotted


Gold embossing Powder


The little paper tree UK

(For all your crafting needs) 


Acrylic Glue

Cosmic Shimmer 


Rectangle scallop edge dies

Hunkydory Moonstone 


foam strips 

Stix


 Assorted diamanté rhinestones


Card Stock

Papermill direct 




No comments:

Post a Comment