Monday, March 16, 2020

Springtime geo hummingbird

Hello there!

Yes, spring is near as sunny days and warm rays are coming this way, And I have some fun Geo die sets to play with. Today’s project is to welcome spring and I really do enjoy this set, it’s modern and gives such pretty results. 


To make this card, I first trimmed a pale turquoise card stock to 5x5 then inked in the sides towards the centre with aquatic splash. I then darken the outer corners and edges with pearlescent ivy. I then embossed the card with an embossing folder (which was a freebie from a magazine a while ago) and tap all the raised leaves with Pearlescent Ivy for more contrast and If I got any ink on the un-raised  area I simply took a small blending brush to blend it out. 
 

I die cut out the hummingbird from the Springtime Geo Set in gold mirror card stock once and die cut the same humming bird die 4 times on Kraft Card stock and stack them up but have the gold layer as the final and main top layer. 


Finishing off the card, I added some gold and silver splatters in the centre before placing the hummingbird on top and a gold embossed sentiment on black strip then matting the image on to a champagne gold shimmer card stock before mounting it onto an ivory Top folding card base, and as always some blings because a card is just incomplete without! 

So there you have it, another spring card from me to inspire you today and I hope you  will create something beautiful and thanks for stopping by. 

x Ali x


Find me here:


Instagram


Facebook


Products used:

(Links where applicable)


Geo Springtime Thinlits

Sizzix 


Sentiments 

Clearly Besotted 


The little paper tree UK 


Acrylic Glue

Cosmic shimmer


Mixed media paper

Daler Rowley


Dew drop Inks:

Aquatic Splash

Pearlescent Ivy 


foam strips 

Stix


AB Acrylic Assorted Gems


Card Stock

Papermill direct 



(All products used to create this project are personally purchased or is part of a free gift that came with a purchased product.)



No comments:

Post a Comment