Thursday, October 3, 2019

Purple gingham Shaker card

Hello everyone, after a very long break away I’m back to share with you this cute and quick shaker card. 

To put this card together I start with the background. I used a stamping platform to stamp the Gingham background from MFTstamps onto an A2 sized fog card stock twice in memento purple chalk ink. I’m not worried about the uneven stamping as I think it gives it a nice look overall. 

For the shaker window, I measured out where I wanted to centre my round window closer to the top so I’ll have enough space for the characters and sentiments. 

Next I made the outer frame by using the A2 Sized scalloped rectangle frame die and the next smaller size down of the nesting rectangle dies that will give me a nice frame width big enough to adhere a slim strip of foam tape for dimension. I used some linen texture purple 180 gsm card stock for sturdiness. I’ve also made a circle frame using the same linen card stock.

I’ve created the shaker window by adhering an acetate window over the round open cut at the back of the gingham stamped cardstock, then placing foam tape down on the acetate, manipulating tape around window making sure it is out of view from the front window. My chosen shaker elements are little iridescent stars and flowers in lilac, pink, white and clear sequins with a few pink bigger flower ones from my craft stash. I the add a piece of fog card stock big enough to cover the circle and backing it over the foam tape and stars to keep them in place, this way it will be easier to adhere onto a fog card base. 

For the focal image I stamped an image ‘Bear & Bird’ by Waffle Flower using my memento black ink and I did very simple colouring using my spectrum noir markers in LG1 LG3 for the bear and foliage. GB6, GB9 for the bird, CR5 and LG3 for the Flower and the blending marker to soften the edges of certain parts of the images. I then stuck down the bear, just on the bottom of the circle shaker frame and added some foam tape to a small section the foliage that’s sticking out of the circle window that’s  placed on both sides of the bear. 

The cupcake was a very old  nail art embellishment I had from my hoarding box I keep for those ‘just in case’ moments which came in handy, but the stamp set had a few cute images that you can choose to put in between the bear’s arms but I thought a cupcake would give it more interest. 



For the sentiment, I embossed in gold on fog card stock a cute birthday sentiments from clearly besotted. Instead of having the sentiment in a rectangular strip or most common an arrow or tab I decided to round off the edges just for a softer look then adhered it below the main image with foam tape, to complete the card I added a small cluster of flowers from the same stamp set above the sentiment to give a finished look and feel. 

I’m happy how this card turned out and even more so with the colours purple, fog and gold that play so well together. I hope you’ll give this card a go. If you do, do tag @aliscove on Instagram, I’d love to see your version of this idea even in your favourite colour arrangement. 

x Ali x




No comments:

Post a Comment