Friday, October 4, 2019

Some Birdie Loves You Shaker

I love the tropical vibe this card is giving off with the cool blended colours and the cute red Macaws  as the main image on this gatefold shaker card. I had the most fun creating this card. 



I made this 5x7 card by starting with the Background. I used distress oxide ink in stormy sky, mowed lawn and mustard seed with a little bit of tsukineko brilliance ink in Mediterranean blue to give it a darker fade on top with an oval blending brush on a mixed media paper by Daley Rowny. This makes a nice smooth transition blend of colours, and then I spritz some water to give it some droplet effects before running it through the die cutting machine with the embossing folder, I made two A5 sized backgrounds. I then cut one of the cards into 2 x 6 cm panels for the front. 

I used 4 parrot images from ‘some birdie loves you’ stamp set by clearly besotted, I coloured in the birds and tropical leaves using online references and with spectrum noir markers to colour the birds.

To make the gatefold, on a 10x7 fog card stock I scored at 2.5 and 3 inches on either sides. For the shaker window, the most basic method of all. Die cut a square window (but keep the negative cut out) then place the Acetate over it, add foam around the edge of the square window. 
On the negative die cut I embossed in silver ‘make a wish’ before sticking it down on the top centre of card base then I piled on the shaker elements on the negative die before placing or sticking the window panel on top.  I then made a frame for the shaker window to give it a fancy touch.


I stuck down 3 birds inside the card, 2 around the frame and one at the bottom leaving some space for either a message or a name. On the gatefold panel I embossed in silver happy birthday sentiment on a strip of fog card stock. I created an affective magnet closure by cutting a small square from a magnet tape and place it on the right side of the strip then I stuck on my 4th bird with leaves on the fastening side of the strip with some foam tape to finish the card. 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend. 

x Ali x

No comments:

Post a Comment