Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Easy last minute birthday card


Hi friends, today I want to share with you how I made this easy last min birthday card with a balloon die I never thought I had. I got distracted in the middle of organising my craft corner and when I saw this die a light light bulb pinged above my head. 



Unfortunately like a egg head I always remove my dies from its original packaging and never label them, so I’m sorry I don’t really remember where and when I got this die from. Although any die that cuts out an  intricate image will work and it doesn’t have to be a balloon image. 

I did a total of 6 balloon die cuts and stacked them up to create a nice raised piece. Then using some glitter washi tapes, I taped up some scraps to die cut out parts of the balloon so I can fill in the balloons. 


I applied some square fog card stock layers on a 5x5  white card base before sticking down the balloons and filling in the space with scrap glitter dies. I did not use any foam tape for this card as I wanted a flat enough design to slide into an envelope without too much bulk, but after making this card I thought I should’ve raised the inner layers with foam for a ‘better’ look? 



Once I stuck down the balloons and inserted the glitter, I trimmed off the excess balloon strings at the bottom, I stuck on an embossed birthday sentiment banner across the bottom to give the balloons a somewhat base to finish the look. I think if I were to make this card again, I will definitely add some dimension to the inner layers. 

x Ali x

No comments:

Post a Comment