Thursday, October 10, 2019

A very traditional Christmas

Hi friends, Christmas has to be my number 1 favourite time of the year and I confess I’ve already brought the jumper for the coming festive season (shhhh....).  It’s crazy that Christmas decorations are already out in the shops even before Halloween! Anyway I just can’t wait, the best part.... the feast and mulled wine! 



So here I’m sharing some 4x4 cards I made in preparation for December. I made a set of 5 cards with the same background technique using distress oxide inks in Mowed lawn. To create a vignette effect, I used distress oxide ink in stormy weather for the transition blend then to darken the edges, I used faded jeans. Once the ink has settled a little before I spritz some water on all 5 panels at once then pat off the excess water with a towel to create some splatter effect. 

With a mixture of some old christmas tree dies from various brands with matching stamps, I die cut out a different type of tree on each panel. I then stamp and gold embossed the tree images on some heat resist acetate to stick on the back of the panels, ensuring the embossed images are facing out through the Christmas tree cut outs or windows. 

I die cut 5 thin borders to frame the panels with sizzix square framelit dies before adding foam tape to the panels. I then cut and stuck some dark green glitter paper onto to the base create a sparkly background for the windows. I finish up the cards by sticking the panels onto white top folding card bases and stamped ‘Christmas’ on the bottom of each card with memento black ink. I thought of leaving the cards green and gold but it was too green, so I decided to add some iridescent red gems, that gave it a more complete look. 




Thank you so much for stopping by. If you would  like to see more of my cards, visit my Instagram account or Facebook. Talk to you soon. 

x Ali x 

No comments:

Post a Comment