Thursday, July 12, 2018

A Bunny Love Story




Hello card lovers, today I am sharing with you top folding 'A Bunny Love Story' shaker card that measures 4.5 x 4.5 on a heavy 200 gsm Brown/ natural Kraft Card stock video tutorial. 

I have always loved those adorable sweet little creatures from as young as I could remember, Unfortunately never did own one as a pet. Now being (a Lot) older I realize any pet requires too much energy and responsibility so I will make a bunny card instead ;P!


I made this card by firstly creating my own background paper, I wanted to create an antique vintage card combined with a modern touch in a form of a shaker card. The inspiration came from my childhood love for bunnies and especially when living in the country side, you are bound to have bunnies living under your garden shed. 

The idea of combining vintage effects to a shaker card came to me when choosing a colour scheme for the card. This is an another any occasions card, I like to make versatile blank cards  for when there is an event or birthday I could Always add the appropriate sentiments later when needed. 

Using micro beads is great as a shaker element as they come in a variety of colours and shine, they have a nice weight to them that prevents them sticking to the sticky sides (but you can powder the sides if you want to) and it gives a nice shake. 

Adding Brass embelishes gives an instant victorian, vintage or antique 'feel' to any card. I love using the corner page embelishes and other brass embelishes to decorate a card as you will soon find out as we journey along this cardmaking adventure together. 

The bunny die used in this video is availatble from Belle & Boo but I purchased them from hobby craft couple of years (or so) ago, I have also linked below an alternative version from poppy stamps. I also purchased some glitter to add extra sparkle to the shaker elements from AliExpress. 

OK, enough reading/blabbering if you want to watch the process on how I put  'A Bunny Love Story' together, Click HERE.


supplies Used:

Distress Ink 'Pumice Stone'

Distress Ink 'Antique Linen'












No comments:

Post a Comment