Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Hello Little Lady

Hello there,

Since we’re going through a semi lockdown during this global situation, it’s a great opportunity to revisit and dust off some old craft goodies in our coves. I’ve spent some time creating today’s card and enjoyed every productive minute of it. 


How to: 
First off, I ink blend an A6 white Card stock stock with  seedless preserves, worn lipstick, tea dye then scattered straw oxide inks then add some gold and white splatter on with an aqua brush. Once the background has dried I ran it through my big shot with a diagonal stitch background die and mounted a scallop frame with some 3mm Foam tape. 


I then die cut a ‘Hello’ word die from a set 3 times on some scrap white card stock to stack and once on gold glitter card or the top main layer. I also die cut and stacked the flower wreath and used a small blending bush to ink the leaves and flowers in oxide inks. 


For the Bunny, unfortunately it is no longer available as I purchased it from eBay during my card making beginnings. Anyway, I made 2 die cuts of the bunny from ivory card stock and once from the gold glitter card. I cut out the dress from the gold glitter die cut and arms from one of the ivory die cut, then shaded in some shadows on the ivory bunny and arms with tea dye oxide ink with a small blending brush. I then attached the arms on the bunny with small cuts of foam tape and adhered the gold dress on the ivory bunny without foam. 


I then white embossed the ‘little lady’ heart sentiment on some dull champagne gold pearlescent scrap card and fussy cut it out to place it beneath the hello. I then add matching gems to the flowers and a slice of fimo butterfly on to the bunny’s ear before mounting it on to a white A6 Card base. I didn’t want to waste the gold bunny die cut, so I glued it on the envelope to make a matching set. 

Hope today’s card has inspired you to reuse some forgotten crafty goods to make something new and current. Thanks for stopping by.

x Ali x




Find me here:


Instagram


Facebook


Products used:

(Links where applicable) 


The little paper tree UK 


Acrylic Glue

Cosmic shimmer


Mixed media paper

Daler Rowley


Distress Oxide Inks

Seedless preserves

Worn lipstick

Tea dye

Scattered Straw

Mowed lawn


foam strips 

Stix


AB Acrylic Assorted Gems


Gold Glitter Card 

Hobbycraft


Card Stock

Papermill direct 


Bunny & small flower wreath Die 

From personal stash. 


(All products used to create this project are personally purchased or is part of a free gift that came with a purchased product.)



No comments:

Post a Comment