Sunday, March 22, 2020

Stained Glass Windows

Hello and Happy Mother’s Day!

I hope you’re all keeping safe and healthy, it’s a worrying time for most as Mother’s Day is more appreciated today and so I want share with you a set of quick cards using heat resistant acetate to create a glass stained window effect. 

HOW TO: 
I start by embossing some A6 Neenah desert storm card stock with an embossing folder and cutting out a 5x5cm square in the centre with my craft knife. Then I shaded in the edges and corners to create interest/shadows. 


I begin the stained glass windows by stamping some flower images on to some heat resistant acetate and heat embossed the images in black. Then I turned over the images to colour in the images using my spectrum noir markers. 


Once all 4 images are coloured, I cut out  some gold glitter cards big enough to just cover the square windows for a shiny background and foam mounted them for some dimension. I then adhered them on to some coloured cards with some foam tape, leaving at least 1cm frame around the panel. Here I decided to use dark Teal and Mahogany card stock. 



Finishing off, I add some brass embellishes and selected some sentiments from my Pre-made heat Embossed sentiment box and I chose the sentiments that relates to Mother’s Day before adhering the panels onto some kraft Card bases. 

I hope you all have a blessed day, do stay safe, stay healthy, stay in and create! 

x Ali x


Find me here:


Instagram


Facebook


Product used: 

(Links provided if available)


The little paper tree UK 

Heat resist acetate 

Black embossing powder

Foam Tape


Acrylic Glue

Cosmic shimmer

 

Spectrum noir markers:

JG3, CR6, DR4, CT3, BP3, PL4

Distress Oxide Ink:

Walnut Stain 


Card Stock/Gold Glitter non-Shed card

Papermill direct


Fan Frame Embossing Folder

XCut


Flower Stamps

Sentiments From: 
Clearly besotted - sweet sentiments 
AI /Art Impressions - UNMOUNTED- 4454 FDMD

No comments:

Post a Comment