Tuesday, March 10, 2020

SBD Fluttering By

Hey there! 

I’m so excited to share with you some product release from a new stamp company based in U.K called Sunshine and Bee Designs created by Jeni Machon. I love love these photopolymer stamps and simply could not wait to start having fun with them. There is a total of 8 sets and are all made in the U.K. Here are 3 out of 8 samples of the stamps that I will be using to make some cards to showcase the new stamp sets that’s to be released on 25th February 2020.
 



‘Fluttering By’ 


Today I am starting with the ’Fluttering by’ butterflies set to create an ethereal shaker card with a spring inspired pastel colour pallet. I start by creating a background with an A5 sheet of mixed media paper using distress oxide ink in Cracked Pistachios, tea Dye, Spun sugar and Worn Lipstick to create a transitional colour blend. 


As I left the blended paper to settle and dry. I start with the vellum window. First I stamped all three of the butterflies in various positions on vellum before heat embossing the images in ‘Lapis Pearl Lusture’, then I used a stitched scallop edge die and manually created a border with white card stock to frame the embossed vellum paper with glue before adding super thin foam strips  beneath the border to create a ‘pocket’ for the shaker elements. 



I then carefully adhere the inked background on to the vellum window with the shaker elements in place and attached it to a white card base. Now to add a focal image and sentiment, I heat embossed two more butterfly images on vellum paper and on white card stock in Rose Gold then fussy cut all four images out and stacked the butterfly vellum on top of the matching solid images ensuring only the bodies are attached and not the wings, I noticed that some of the embossing had flaked off from the vellum from careless handling but I liked the edgy look it gave. Finishing off, I heat embossed the sentiment ‘Fluttering by to say...’ in rose gold on a black flag strip and added some gems to the butterfly bodies and sparsely on the vellum window for some sparkle. 



Thank you for stopping by! 
I have listed some links below for more card inspiration, ideas and info. Have a good day. 

 x Ali x

Find me here:




Product links: 

(For some ££ off use my code: ALI) 


Avery Elle

Vellum paper 

Cosmic shimmer
 
Cosmic Shimmer 

Nesting Stitched scallop edge dies

Daler Rowley

Distress oxide Inks:
Cracked Pistachio 
Tea Dye
Spun Sugar
Worn Lipstick 

Stix

Nail art assorted Gems 

Papermill direct 

No comments:

Post a Comment