Friday, April 3, 2020

Sending Comfort Angel Wings

Hello there! 

I’ve been avoiding making a sympathy card for as long as I could, simply because it’s not a type of card I’d like to give but then I came to understand that any form of support or empathy is much appreciated to ease the grieving. Today I am making a sympathy card to show my condolences to those who are going through a loss this year. I am using two different dies to create this easy but effective card. 


HOW TO:
I made the background by adding gold, black and white splatters on to an A5 ivory hammered card stock and left it to air dry. While that was drying I die cut and stacked the cross die from spellbinders in 4 layers ensuring the main top layer is die cut in mirror gold card. I also die cut and stacked 2 layers of the angel wings in ivory hammered card stock by sizzix. 


I then die cut a frame using the two largest dies from the hunky dory’s moonstone scallop and rectangle dies and added some 3mm foam strips underside before adhering it to the splattered background. I then adhered the wings onto the centre of the base with some foam tape making sure that the foam tape isn’t visible through the wings and, then I used some decent liquid glue to adhere the cross on top of the wings and finishing it off by stamping a sympathy sentiment in black staze on Ink before securing the whole base onto a matching ivory card base. 


  This was a simple but effective card created without any other additional details as I wanted to focus on the intricate design of the dies. I particularly loved how well the wings and cross looked together. I often use different dies together to create my cards, I hope this has inspired you to mix up what you have in your stash. 

x Ali x

 
Find me here:





Product Used:
(Links provides if applicable)

(For all your Crafting Needs) 
Foam Tape
Foam strips
Cosmic shimmer

Hunky Dory Moonstone
Scallop & Rectangle Frames

White Gauche

Black Gauche

Kuretake Gansai Tambi  

Sizzix Thin lits 

Cross
Spellbinders Die D-Lites 

Papermill direct 


Disclaimer: All products used for this project are not sponsored and are my own purchases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment