Tuesday, April 21, 2020

SBD Fluttering by Thank you

Hi there, 

It’s Ali here & I have a new Card to share using Sunshine & Bee Design’s Fluttering by Stamp set. This time I wanted to create a monotone background with little pops of colour. I just love how versatile this stamp set is and I am just obsessed with it! Can you tell?


 TUTORIAL: 
I start by lightly splattering some black and white gauche paint mixed with a little water on to the left side of an A6 slate grey card Stock then I left it to air dry. 

For the darker contrasting part of the background I chose one of the panels from sizzix festive repeats set and die cut a continuous pattern on to some dark grey card. Then with a craft knife and ruler I cut out the a larger window on the right to expose the slate grey with the splatters peaking through, ensuring the end sides of the panel are equal in width. 


For the focal images, I gold heat embossed the butterflies onto some black vellum and fussy cut very closely around the edges and adhere them with some foam tape diagonally. With a white gel pen I created some more dots on the dark grey die cut panel just so the splatters are more on show. 


Finishing off, I gold heat embossed ‘Thank you’ sentiment from the same stamp set 
on to some black vellum strip and mat it on to a slightly bigger slate grey strip to create a frame then mount it on the left side panel of the card with foam tape.

I wanted to add little pops of colour by adding some enamel dots around each butterflies, I got these enamel dots as freebies from a magazine, I did add extra liquid adhesive to the back of the dots for security. I then mounted the completed design onto a standard A6 white card base. 


Thank you for stopping by and I hope today’s card has inspired you. Stay home and stay safe. 

x Ali x



Find me here:




Product used: 
(Links provided if applicable) 

(For some ££ off use my code: ALI) 

Gold embossing powder
Acrylic Glue
Foam tape


Black Vellum paper

Slate grey card stock 
Somber grey card stock 

No comments:

Post a Comment