Wednesday, April 29, 2020

CC Blue Chakra Mandala

Hi there,

Today I’m sharing one of the card samples created for HSN as part of my DT work for crafter’s companion to air on show this May. I thought I’d share how I made this particular design and will be sharing more focusing on each card as I go along. 


TUTORIAL: 
I started out by creating a background and I was inspired by blue Moroccan tiles. So, I did some gradient ink blending quarter of the way up using spectrum noir ink pad with a trellis stencil on to some blue textured paper


I then dry embossed the stencil after I had inked the paper to create a little dimension. I decided I wanted a reverse gradient effect going the opposite direction and to achieve this, I took the ink pad and directly inked part of the stencil then placed the stencil down to the part of the paper where no ink has been applied and run it partially through the embossing machine  ensuring the grooves match up for a continuous pattern.


For the Chakra Mandala focal image, I silver heat embossed the stamp set 5 times and then die cut 3 of the images into layers.  Once I had all the layers I then made deep cuts to each petal and curled them using a small round barrel pen. I applied some silver glitter using a precision tip bottle that is filled with some clear drying glue to certain parts of the mandala. I then mounted the layers on top of each other with some liquid glue but used tiny pieces of foam tape just under the raised petals. 


I took the remaining 2 layers of the stamped and embossed mandalas and cut up the petals out of one set and into corners with the last mandala. I curled the petals and foam mount them over the centre sections of the cut up image and adhered them to the corners of the stencilled background. Finishing off the card with a silver embossed sentiment on black banner strip and matting the mandala panel on to some matte silver card stock before securing everything on to a white card base. 

I hope I have inspired you to try out using a mandala set this way and creating your own background to match. If you would like to see more mandala designs be sure to tune in to HSN on 5th May and thank you for visiting! 

x Ali x



For more inspiration find me here:









No comments:

Post a Comment