Friday, April 10, 2020

Easter Geo Bunny Card

Hi there! 

Easter is here and it can mean many positive things; new Beginnings, warmer and brighter days, when nature blooms to life and for religious individuals it’s Christ’s resurrection but for the young it’s a time to indulge in chocolate. I think Easter deserves a big celebration and today I’m sharing a shaker card I made just for that. Oh and I just love the ombre glitter card! 


TUTORIAL: 
To make this quick A5 shaker card, I die cut a large oval window out of a ombre glitter card and trimmed the sides off by 5 mm and kept the oval negative. I then lightly traced the oval window on to a white card stock with a pencil before securing the acetate over the oval window. I then adhere the negative cut on to the white card stock following the traced guideline to create a window background for accurate positioning.
 

Then with some foam tape, I positioned it around the oval window on the underside of the glitter card ensuring the gaps are connected to avoid the shaker elements to fall through. 

To assemble the cards and it’s shaker elements, I poured adequate amount of the shaker elements on to the centre of the background oval that’s attached to the white card base and removed the foam tape backing to position the window panel over the shaker to secure it. 

TIP: use a ‘ L’ acrylic block or any L positioning tool to help with even mounting. 


For the focal image, I die cut the geo rabbit out of gold mirror card and adhere it onto the acetate window. I then used some holographic nail art strip tape to create an ultra fine frame and with my hot glue gun I attached a couple of gold plated alloy book corner embellishments in the opposite corners. I finished off the card with a white heat embossed Easter sentiment from clearly besotted on to a burgundy strip, as I think black seemed too ‘harsh’ on this soft card. 

Thank you for stopping by, I wish you a great Easter weekend and will be back with another card soon. Please follow my blog for a heads up when new posts are up or simply for more inspiration. 

x Ali x

 

Find me here:

Instagram

Facebook

Pinterest



Product Used:

(Links provides if applicable)


The little paper tree UK 

(For all your Crafting Needs) 

-Foam Tape


Acrylic Glue

Cosmic shimmer


Card Stock

Papermill direct 


HobbyCraft

Ombre Glitter Card Stock


Geo Springtime Thinlits

Sizzix Rabbit


Nail art strip tape

(Personal stash)


Shaker elements

(Personal stash)


Sentiments 

Clearly Besotted 


Alloy Book Corner Embellishment 


Disclaimer: products used for this project are not sponsored and are my own purchases unless stated otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment