Thursday, April 9, 2020

Happy Birthday Flower Set Card

Hi there, 

From my posts on my sympathy cards I feel I need to lift the mood a little so I’m back to share a birthday card I made using sizzix flower set Dies and mama elephant’s  birthday wishes stamp. I chose to do a birthday card because it’s the most celebrated event in our lives. I mean who doesn’t like birthday cakes?


HOW TO: 
had a lot of scraps that needs to be used up and so I found these A5 dark marl grey patterned papers (but any dark grey card can still be effective). I first gold heat embossed the large birthday sentiment in the centre of the grey patterned paper and trimmed off 1/2 cm to create a thin border all around once matted. 


I then made a matching frame to frame the sentiment with some foam tape to create some sort of shadow box effect. I did have trouble trying to choose a colour scheme for this card and so with a grey and cream base already done, I looked up on Pinterest for some ideas. 


Once I have found a colour pallet that I liked, I Started to create the colours I needed. I got out my tsukineko versamagic dew drops and inked up some white scraps in Spanish Olive for the leaves, Perfect Plumeria for parts of the flowers, along with some light pink scraps and creams. 


I then assembled the flowers in different arrangements before placing them on to the opposite corners of the foam mounted frame. To complete the card I adhered the completed base onto an ivory card base. 

Thanks for dropping by, I hope this card has inspired you today, if you do decide to recreate any of my cards, please do! and don’t forget to tag me! I would love to see your makes 😊. 

x Ali x

Find me here:


Instagram


Facebook


Pinterest


Product Used:

(Links provides if applicable)


The little paper tree UK 

(For all your Crafting Needs) 



WOW!

Gold Embossing powders


Acrylic Glue

Cosmic shimmer


Tsukineko Versamagic Dew Drops

Spanish Olive 

Perfect Plumeria


Flower set 

SIZZIX Thin Lits


foam strips 

Stix


Patterned paper

(Personal stash)


Card Stock

Papermill direct 


Disclaimer: All products used for this project are not sponsored and are my own purchases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment