Friday, February 21, 2020

SSS Beautiful flowers

Hi there! 

Last night I tried my first hand at water colouring on an embossed image. I’ve seen so many beautiful water colouring and ‘now-line’ techniques online that it inspired me to have a play. 


As I was (trying) to organise my stamps and dies that’s accumulated over the years. I picked up beautiful flowers that I had purchased sometime ago, and a selection of watercolour wash pattern paper that’s been waiting for an opportunity to be used and so an idea pinged! This become card making moment for me. 


I stamped and heat embossed the large floral image and the sentiments from the set on Bristol extra smooth paper in gold, and with my aqua brush I picked out the blue distress inks that I think is a match to the watercolour paper from my collection.



 I brushed Tumbled Glass with some water on all the petals and dabbed Stormy Sky in areas I think needed shade and for the leaves I used Evergreen Bough. I then  fussy cut the image and used a square to die cut the sentiment. 



I used the largest Crimped frame die from the set to die cut out the matting base out of white card stock and with my versamark pen, I drew a fine line creating a border and heat embossed the line in gold, I did the same to the sentiment too. I then used the next sized crimped frame die for the watercolour pattern paper. 

I attached the Watercolor pattern paper onto the white crimped edge card base with double sided tapes and before I place the floral image down with some foam dots I mounted the base on  to an A2 sized white card base with foam tape. Finishing off, I add some light blue sparkly gems for more interest. 


Thank you for stopping by and I hope this has inspired you to craft as soon as an idea hits as it did me! 

x Ali x 




Find me here:




No comments:

Post a Comment