Friday, June 19, 2020

My favourite Dad Slim Card

Hi everyone, 

It’s been a while since I shared any personal makes so today I am sharing a slimline masculine card ready for the coming Father’s Day on Sunday. Slimline cards are all the rage lately, there are many slimline layout dies on the market right now but I made mine without and with some partial die cutting involved. My slimline folds measures at 3 1/2  x 8 cm. 


TUTORIAL: 
I start with two panels out of a centura pearl card stock I picked out a shimmery green that resembles a duck egg colour and using my stitched rectangle die I did some partial die cutting, one panel at 8 cm and the 2nd panel at 3 cm. I then ink blend the smaller panel from the bottom up to create an ombré effect using some distress ink in chipped sapphire and faded jeans. I left the top part of the card plain as I wanted the colours to fade into the green. 


With the same ink colours and a bit of black soot I did some fine splattering all over the small panel to create some sort of haze. Once the panel is completely dried from the blending and splatters I stamped some cattails images at the bottom of the panel in black then clear embossed the images, I did not want a very dark impression and so only stamped the image once. 


I then die cut a solid hexagon out of a copper metallic card stock and then with my craft knife, manually cut out the centre to create a hexagon thin frame. I then die cut the dragonfly 4 times and stack the layers. 


Finishing off I matted the main panel onto some metallic copper card stock leaving 1/4 space all around and laid it onto the bigger panel with some foam tape and then onto the slim card base. I stamped and embossed the sentiment in black and added some clear sequins to complete the design. 


Thanks for visiting and I hope today’s card will inspire you to give the slimline card a go without needing slimline card dies. 

x Ali x




For more inspiration find me here:


Instagram


Facebook


Pinterest



Disclaimer: Product used to create this card are not sponsored or is affiliated by any company or brands but are linked and highlighted (if available) for info and if you wish to obtain the same or similar products.

No comments:

Post a Comment